If you love green smoothies and want some for your kids, I have a great list for you. I have rounded up a list of 16 yummy green smoothies for kids.
I’m a huge fan of green smoothies, personally. If you make them right, they are absolutely delicious and can be a great source of energy. They’re also good for your overall body health since they’re loaded with various fresh fruits and vegetables.
This post may or may not contain affiliate links. This means that I will be compensated for any purchase you make at no additional charge to you. For more information, read my disclosure policy here.
When I visited my 4 year old over the summer, he was very interested when he saw my regular routine of smoothies in the morning. Oddly enough, he wanted to try my green one! And he loved it. He ended up drinking an entire glass of it himself! However, this experience is not always typical. It can be difficult to get our kids to drink green smoothies if they’re too grassy and not sweet enough for their preferences. You have to be very careful!
Items you may need for your green smoothies for kids
I gathered up some of my favorite green smoothies for kids that are sure to be a hit with your littles! Each one I have listed below is sweet and delicious, but still loaded with greens to give them the nutrients they need.
17 green smoothies for kids:
- Easy Green Smoothie with Hemp Butter by the worktop
- Green Smoothie by eat thrive grow
- Chocolate Banana Smoothie by eat sleep be
- Green Honey Banana Smoothie by eat sleep be
- Creamy Tropical Smoothie by eat sleep be
- Powerhouse Smoothie Recipe by eat sleep be
- Frankenstein Sneaky Veggie Smoothie by must have mom
- Green Smoothie for Kids by green healthy cooking
- FrankenSmoothie: A Kid Friendly Green Smoothie by mommy’s bundle
- Green Swamp Monster Smoothie by kidgredients
- Kale Spinach and Pear Smoothie by joy the baker
- Banana Berry Almond Butter Green Smoothie by real life at home
- Granny Smith Tropical Green Smoothie by real life at home
- Morning Smoothie Recipe by mama instincts
- Pina Colada Green Smoothie by the natural homeschool
- Strawberry Pie Green Smoothie by the natural homeschool
- Swamp Monster Healthy Green Smoothie by eats amazing
If even after making these yummy green smoothies for kids you’re having trouble, there’s a few things you can do. The first thing I really suggest is making sure you are making some for yourself, too. Health is important for everyone so lead by example! Bonus points if you can get them involved and help make the smoothie. Get them excited to help. Another great tip I have for you is make it exciting. Buy mason jars, fancy cups, fun straws, and maybe even cut out some fruit in fun shapes as a garnish.
If you have a picky little one who won’t touch anything that looks like puke, (because let’s be honest, green smoothies can look pretty nasty) you can even try adding in some fruits that not only have sweet flavor but a dark color. Add in some blueberries or blackberries and it may override that green color and look more presentable.
I’ve tried a few of these recipes, but now it’s time to go try some more. I have quite a few in mind that I just have to whip up! I’m sure these green smoothies for kids are going to be much loved with your little ones.